Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick Days... :(

We have had a few crazy days. We went up North this weekend to visit Jon's family and had fun even though we were only there for 24 hours. We found some cute tools at Walmart and got them for JT. They are his most favorite things right now. As soon as we gave them to him he disappeared. This is where we found him. Smart little bugger...




We drove home on Sunday afternoon through the storm and made it home safely. JT played with the screw and screwdriver the whole way home. It made for a somewhat quiet ride.


Monday night he started getting a fever and I knew we had a long night ahead of us. We didn't get much sleep and Tuesday morning he was pretty out of it. Days like this are bittersweet. He never stays still anymore. He barely will cuddle and we are lucky to get kisses and hugs, but than it is down to run again. When he has a fever all he wants to do is be held which I love. He fell asleep in my arms on Monday night and other than going to the doctor to find out he had an ear infection and a nap with dad... I spent the day in the rocking chair with my sick baby. I don't like when he is sick, but I love the time we get to spend together. After a couple of days on antibiotics he is almost back to his old self. Hopefully this is the only ear infection we have this year!



6 comments:

amy said...

Jt is getting so big:) Sweet pictures.

Kasey said...

He is so dang cute!! I know all about those ear infections, Brooklyn had a double ear infection just two days before JT got his and croup on top of that! Poor kids! It sure is nice when they start to feel better though!

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

I love the picture with him sleeping and his bum is in the air. Very cute!! Can't wait to see him again oh yeah and you guys too. :) It was nice to be kindof there lastnight to somewhat help out. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Love ya!!

laceeJ said...

about a month ago my little girl got an ear infection, and my neighbor came over and put lavender oil behind her ears and then put peppermint over the top of the lavender. SHe had te infection for a few days, we visited the doc, too. But after the oil treatment the nexgt morning she was better! I hate ear infections!

Josh and Britany said...

That's the only time Kylee will cuddle with me too and I love it!!

Ember said...

Hey! Thought I'd skip over here and visit you instead of Facebook. I loved your video on Facebook too. Thanks for commenting on mine.

I'm interested in learning more about you and life after high school.
Isn't it funny how different we all turn out.
Hope you don't mind- I'm going to snoop into you blog now!