Thursday, October 30, 2008

Discipline

My son is a very active toddler! VERY ACTIVE!!! The only time he sits still is in his car seat, when he is sleeping, or when we give him a sucker :) Jon and I decided that it is time to start working on sitting still for a little bit each day. I don't mind that he is active, but at church it gets a little rough. Today Jon put on Baby Einstein and had him sit down to watch. He told me he actually sat for 30 minutes which is a big thing!




It is also time to start "real" discipline. If he doesn't get in his high chair for dinner we stick him on the couch and tell him he can sit there or get in his chair. The first time it took 8 times and than he finally got off the couch and got in his chair. The next time we had to put him in "time out" it only took 3 times. He has been really good about getting in since then. Tonight I was getting some laundry together and heard him playing in Niko's food and water. Instead of putting him on the couch I decided to try a different approach. He laughed the whole time so I am not sure it will work, but it is cute! :)

4 comments:

Kasey said...

LOL, that picture is so adorable!! If you find something that works, let me know, Brooklyn is going to need it soon!

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

How cute is that. I wonder if that would work better than my time out chair.

Heidi said...

Thats such cute picture. Brielle is very busy too. I have found she loves to watch barney and will not move the whole time its on. I no its barney but it gives me a break.

Jamie said...

Awwww he is so dang cute!