Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finally an update!

Wow... we have had a busy couple of weeks of flu, ear infections, colds, work, and major changes in our lives. Jon and I were sick about a week ago with the flu. Luckily JT didn't get the flu, but a few days later he came down with a nasty cold that turned into an ear infection. Thank heavens for antibiotics and he was back to normal after a day. I am still very busy at work and loving it. But the biggest change is with Jon and our family. A few months ago we heard about someone that wanted to sell their vending machine company. Jon and one of his friends talked about buying it and than I never really heard anything about it. About a month ago Jon told me that he was going to take it over and I was so excited! This is taking a huge leap of faith for us, but we are so thankful for this opportunity. It has taken awhile to get things going and we still aren't all the way done, but Jon worked his last day at Scholzens last week and he is ready to take over and get going. He will be able to stay home with JT during the day and work in the afternoon and evening. I can't even begin to explain what a blessing this is going to be for us. It is so crazy that when is rains it pours.. not only for trials, but also for blessings. We have watched our lives the past 3-4 months fall into place and that helps to know that we are doing the right thing. So that is the story of the past few weeks. I am sure I could add more info, but I don't want to bore y'all. :)


We had my grandpa's birthday party today at a park in Washington. Here is my dad, JT, and my grandpa. He is such a wonderful man. My dad is adopted along with his 3 sisters and 1 brother. Adoption holds a special place in our hearts. After the party we took JT to Staheli Farms. We had so much fun. I thought for a second that he may be too young to understand, but you can tell by the pictures that he had a blast and I am so glad that we took a few hours to enjoy it as a family. JT had more fun rocking on the horse and playing on the little John Deere tractor. He threw fits when we took him off of both. We definitely have some great ideas for Christmas! By the way... when has it ever been in the 80's the last week of October!!! I am loving it.

6 comments:

Talea Hollingshead said...

Bridget! So good to hear from you and be able to see what you have been up to for the past....geez several years now. It is amazing how time flies. JT is beyond cute! It doesn't seem like there is a pic on here where he isn't giving you a great big grin. Glad to see all is well!

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

He is so cute in the pictures! He is growing up to be such a big boy. Can' wait to see him and you guys at christmas. Love ya! Keep updating

Julie H. said...

However you found us, glad you did! Feel free to drop by our blog and comment anytime. Looks like things are going well for you. And it looks like you know my friend Talea. (I was shocked to see her comment.) She and I serve in our ward's Primary presidency together. She's awesome! Take Care!

Heather said...

Congrats on the new job--sounds like it will work out well for your family. What an adorable little boy you have!

Josh and Britany said...

Congratulations, that sounds great! I hope it all works out. I could go for 80 degrees, that sounds perfect to me!!

Heidi said...

I love the picture of your dad with jt and grandpa. I'm glad things our going well for you guys and john gets to stay home now with jt what a releif that is to you I bet.