Monday, July 25, 2011

Trials

When I bought the puzzle for our adoption fundraiser I never thought that it would have a different meaning in just a few short weeks. Last Wednesday my life changed forever. Our little girl passed away at 27 weeks. She is literally walking "Hand in Hand" with Christ right now.
I never thought I would go through anything like this. I thought that being infertile was going to be the hardest thing I would have to bare. I know that God only gives us what we are able to handle. Wednesday and Thursday were very rough days. I had a constant headache and puffy eyes. At the thought of our sweet peanut my tears would fall. I couldn't look in the nursery or see the ultrasound pictures.
I am so grateful for the Gospel. Without the church I wouldn't be where I am today. My faith was not shaken and my hope never dimmed. I made it through this challenge walking upright. It was a hard decision to go back into the "waiting" game for adoption, but we decided in order to move forward that was what we needed to do.
Our little Avery is up in heaven getting her brother or sister ready to come to earth. I am so proud to be her mother. She was too perfect to come to our family right now. I can't wait until the day we will see her again!

3 comments:

Summer said...

I am so sorry. We will keep you guys in our prayers.

Dykstra Family said...

So sorry Bridget! You are so strong! Thinking of you and hoping your wait isn't very long!

Heidi said...

((HUGS)) Thinking of your family often. Lots of prayers going your way for healing and hoping that the next bundle of joy comes quickly.