Saturday, November 12, 2011

Time Out For Women "TOFW"

Day #11 & Day #12


I spent the last 2 days at TOFW with my grandma, mom, and sisters!
It was the most amazing 2 days!
They have amazing presenters and musicians.
Their messages touched my heart and lifted my spirit.
It was exactly what I needed to hear.
Funny how the Lord knows what we are struggling with.

One of my favorite talks was from Sister Wendy Ulrich
"Your Personal Plan For Happiness"

1.Stop worrying about weakness - work on strengths.
2. Don't try to get motivated to exercise - motivation follows action.
3. Stop trying to find friends - develop the skills of friendship.
4. Don't try to feel happy - try to feel grateful.
5. Celebrate failure. Failure often means we are taking the necessary risks to grow, stretch, and serve.
6. Don't get help for your problems - instead help someone else.
7. Don't endure to the end - life is to be enjoyed, not just endure. Savor everyday delights.


**The key to happiness is having the spirit with you**