Saturday, April 26, 2008

First Attempt...

at black hair! Jon and I decided we would like to do some dreads or cornrows on JT's hair. We looked it up on the internet and kind of got some direction. The only thing we were missing was the special product, but I said, "Hey... I have this awesome sticky good hold gel stuff." So I go get it and we go to work. Now don't laugh... or you can because we laughed for 15 minutes straight. The "stuff" I had was too sticky and it just turned out to be a disaster! :) lol If we don't get it down by the 5th attempt, we are heading to Vegas. :)

             JT 1176  

JT 1174 

If any of you have ideas or know how to work with this kind of hair. I would be so appreciative.  

8 comments:

Dj,Megs & 5 Beautiful kids said...

HA HA! which one where you trying to do cause I can't tell.
That is so funny!

Heidi said...

Thats so funny. I have some really good stuff that this guy that services my vacumn brought me for brielle. and you can buy it at walmart. Let me know if you want the name of it. That was so fun to stop and let the kids play they were so cute.

Kasey said...

J.T. is such a cutie! It looks like he enjoyed you doing his hair and it might be a good thing, not to be rude but I think you might need some practice! :) Good luck!!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

That's awesome that you tried yourself to give him dreds.

And about the hernia, Tricia's daughter Cicely had one when she was a baby and they didn't opperate on her until she was three. (I'm pretty sure about this, maybe I'm wrong.)

sandy said...

you can call Jo (my good friend dixie
daughter) and she has 2 mixed race children boy and girl and I think she could help you. 635-2473 tell her your my niece.

emily, etc, etc said...

I say let it grow into a huge afro! That would be awesome!!!!

Lacey Jay said...

Thank you! We are so excited! We meet her on May 13th and her birthday is the 15th, we'd like to bring her a little something... Any idea's? At the birthday we'd like to give her some sort of Jewelry with the baby's birthstone in it but we're stuck on the birthday. Help?!

Sorry, I can't help you with the hair problem... He's sure cute though. I love his little teeth when he smiles.

Sharee Gariety said...

That's so funny. I never thought about the differences in working with black hair, but yeah, I guess it is different. At least he's a boy, so you can always keep it short. You'd have to get some professional help if he were a girl.